Project management (PM) software plays a critical role in how successfully you implement a new solution or resolve a task. In fact, a study by Hive found that 77 percent of high-performing projects use project management software. So, if projects are more successful using PM software, why aren’t more companies using it?
The answers are as unique as each company, with one of the top responses being that there is a general misunderstanding of how project management impacts your services. But, how do you know if a project management software solution is truly right for your business?
Start by filling out this checklist:
- Do you have visibility on each step of a product or process deployment?
- Do you have a way to tell who is responsible for each task?
- Can you organize your tasks into projects to eliminate chaos and confusion?
- Can you easily track time spent on a project for accurate billing?
- Can your team see which deadlines are approaching and prioritize their workload?
- Can your team collaborate and share information in a single location?
- Do your team members know their timeline before they begin a project?
- Can you or your team quickly identify gaps in your deliverables?
- Can you identify projects holds and quickly determine why they occur?
- Do you have a way to generate reports based on the completed projects?
0-3 Yes: You need a project management software solution ASAP. You’re likely losing valuable time, money and resources on projects that you don’t quite have a handle on. You’re missing deadlines and struggling to get the entire team on board with process changes. By adopting a PM solution, you’ll gain visibility and control over your projects and deployments – helping you keep on schedule and budget.
4-7 Yes: You have a handle on some things, but you’re likely losing valuable visibility when it comes to where projects are being held up or how your team’s time is being spent. Don’t let a deployment come to a screeching halt because your teams lack communication about when a task has been completed and when another task should begin. A PM solution will help your team stay on the same page and work towards a common goal – total project euphoria.
8-10 Yes: You have a handle on most things, but do you have a comprehensive solution that lets you assign tasks, track time, create project reports and manage timelines all in one place? A PM solution makes it easier to monitor and manage your team and work together across different departments. Cut out the costs of adopting multiple software programs when a single solution can help you streamline and optimize your business.
To learn more about project management software, which solution is right for your business and how we can help you keep it secure, contact us today.